About the Rockford Fosgate Prime R125-2
Power for your music that'll fit almost anywhere
Power for your music that'll fit almost anywhere
The Prime Series R125-2 2-channel amp gives you Rockford Fosgate performance in an incredibly small package, driving each of your speakers with 40 watts RMS to fill your car with great music. You can also bridge this workhorse amp into 1-channel mode to deliver 125 watts RMS to a sub. The built-in frequency filters and Rockford Fosgate's famous Punch bass boost allow you to adjust the amp to work best with your speaker setup and your vehicle.
Performance and value
Rockford Fosgate designed Prime amps to deliver Power Output Without Excessive Regulation (POWER), which means they'll respond quickly to the peak demands that you may throw at your system. The included wired remote lets you control the amp's volume level from the front seat. Your driver's seat will become your favorite place for listening once this compact Prime amp goes to work.
- 2-channel car amplifier
- 40 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (65 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)
- 125 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- high-pass filter (80 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable low-pass filter (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 45 Hz)
- wired remote control included
- Class-AB amplifier design
- MOSFET power and output stages
- frequency response: 20-20K Hz
- preamp inputs and outputs
- 10-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- fuse rating: 25A x 1
- 7-3/4"W x 2-7/16"H x 7-11/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # R-125-2
What's in the box:
- 2-Channel amplifier with 25A ATC fuse installed
- Spare 25A ATC fuse
- Four 4mm x 20mm self-tapping screws
- 4 Flat washers
- Installation & Operation manual
Rockford Fosgate Prime R125-2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Rockford Fosgate Prime R125-2
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
40 x 2 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||65 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||125 x 1|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||70 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||80 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Rockford Fosgate Prime R125-2 2-channel amplifier is designed to power a set of full-range or component speakers. The amplifier can also be bridged to power a single subwoofer.
CEA 2006 Compliant: The Rockford Fosgate Prime R125-2's power ratings are measured according to standards provided by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards allow you to accurately compare the rated power output of all CEA 2006-compliant amplifiers, even if they come from different brands. Manufacturers who adhere to the standards can display the CEA 2006 logo on their products and packaging. CEA2006 Specifications for this amplifier are:
- Two-Channel: 40 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms, 14.4 V, and 1% THD+N (65 watts x 2 at 2 ohms, 14.4 V, and 1% THD+N)
- Bridged: 125 Watts x 1 at 4 ohms, 14.4 V, and 1% THD+N
LED Indicators: The Rockford Fosgate amplifier is equipped with two side-mounted LED indicators.
- Power LED: illuminates blue when the unit is turned on.
- Protect LED: illuminates red if a short circuit or too low of an impedance is detected at the speaker connections. The amplifier will automatically shut down if this occurs.
Mounting: The amplifier can be mounted vertically or horizontally using the supplied mounting screws. The amplifier should never be mounted in an engine compartment as this will void the warranty.
Gain Control: The amplifier's gain control is preset to match the output of most source units. The gain control can be adjusted from 1 to 11 with an input sensitivity range of150mV to 8V.
Crossovers: The amplifier is equipped with 12dB/octave Butterworth crossovers. The Crossover Switch allows you to select from the following:
- All-Pass (full-range): The all-pass setting allows all frequencies (20-20kHz) to pass through the amplifier from your connected headunit to your speakers.
- High-Pass: The high-pass setting is fixed and allows only frequencies above 80Hz to pass through the amplifier to your speakers.
- Low-Pass: The low-pass setting is variable and allows only frequencies below 50-250Hz to pass through the amplifier to your speakers.
Punch Bass: The Punch bass control is adjustable from 0 (min) to +12dB (max) at 45Hz (fixed).
Power Terminals: The power and ground terminals are nickel-plated screw terminals and will accommodate up to 4 AWG power/ground wire (up to 1/2" spade or ring-style connector).
Note: Based on the 25A fuse rating and the power output of the amplifier, a 10-gauge amplifier wiring kit is recommended.
Remote Turn-On Terminal: The remote turn-on terminal is a nickel-plated screw terminal that will accommodate up to an 8 AWG wire (up 3/8" spade or ring-style connector). This terminal is used to remotely turn-on and turn-off the amplifier when +12V DC is applied, when connected to your head unit's remote turn-on lead.
Speaker Terminals: The four speaker terminals (left +/- and right +/-) are heavy duty, nickel-plated screw-terminals what will accommodate up to 8 AWG speaker wire (up to 3/8" spade or ring-style connectors).
RCA Input Jacks: The industry standard RCA jacks provide an easy connection for signal level input. They are nickel-plated to resist signal degradation caused by corrosion.
RCA Output Jacks: This pair of RCA pass-thru jacks provide a convenient source for daisy-chaining an additional amplifier without running an extra set of RCA cable from the front of your vehicle to the rear amplifier location. They are nickel-plated to resist signal degradation caused by corrosion.
Fuse: The amplifier is equipped with one installed 25-amp ATC fuse. The amplifier also comes supplied with a spare 25-amp fuse.
The Rockford Fosgate Prime R125-2 replaces these items